Thursday, February 26, 2009
2009 Baby & Child Portrait Contest
Solea Photography is proud to announce that we are one of the participating photographers for the 2009 Baby & Child Portrait Contest.
Categories for this year’s contest include: Color, Black & White/Sepia, Special Needs, and Humorous.
The online contest will consist of four different qualifying rounds and one final round. Each round will last for one month. Miller’s customers will be able to post entries during the first three weeks of every qualifying month and vote during the last week of the month. We will be changing the voting interface for the 2009 contest, allowing customers to view entries as thumbnails, hopefully speeding up the voting process. Posting and voting deadlines are listed:
* Round 1 (March): Post Entries – March 1 – 21. Vote on Entries – March 22 – 31.
* Round 2 (April): Post Entries – April 1 – 21. Vote on Entries – April 22 – 30.
* Round 3 (May): Post Entries – May 1 – 21. Vote on Entries – May 22 – 31.
* Round 4 (June): Post Entries – June 1 – 21. Vote on Entries – June 22 – 30.
For each qualifying round, the top five winners will be selected from the four categories. These winning portraits will be entered into the Final Round, which takes place during the month of July. The Final Round will be judged online by a panel of esteemed photographers. First, Second, and Third places, as well as two Honorable Mentions, will be announced for each category! Cash prizes for these winners include $2,000 for First, $1,000 for Second, $750 for Third, and $500 for each Honorable Mention. One portrait from the Final Round will also receive the highest of accolades -- Grand Prize Winner. The cash prize will be $5,000 for this lucky winner! All cash prizes will be given to the families of the winning portraits.
* All portraits taken January 1- June 21, 2009 are eligible for entry into the
2009 Baby & Child Contest.
* Participants may post one image per child from each photography session.
* Participants are not limited on the amount of images they can post.
* Miller’s reserves the right to delete any submission that is inappropriate in nature.
* Miller’s will not use any participants’ images without prior consent.
* Children age 12 and under can be entered into the contest.
Sessions are limited! Book Today!